Office of Planning & Economic Development
The Planning & Economic Development (OPED) office is to provide:
- assistance for established local businesses,
- encourage new business growth, coordination and support for the Planning and Zoning Board of Appeals and the Code Enforcement Officer (CEO),
- administration and support of various local, state and federal programs that benefit the community,
- writes grants and administers the grants for a variety of projects, administers the Town's Revolving Loan Funds.
The Code Enforcement Officer (CEO) ensures:
- that the minimum levels of public safety, health, and welfare are maintained; as they are affected by land use and development and by building construction and maintenance,
- administers all Town adopted building and construction codes, and applicable State adopted planning and land use statutes.
Office of Planning
416 West Main Street
Fort Kent, ME 04743
Fax (207) 834-3126