Heavy Loads Limited
Local roads are now posted for the Spring- Heavy Loads Limited
- These closing are effective on March 10, 2015.
- The roadway is considered “solidly frozen” only when the air temperature is 32°F or below and no water is showing in the cracks of the road. Both conditions must be met.
- IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL FOR AN PROHIBITED VEHICLE OR COMBINATION OF VEHICLES TO PASS OVER THE SECTION OF HIGHWAY LISTED BELOW.
- CLOSED, UNLESS SOLIDLY FROZEN, TO ALL VEHICLES OR COMBINATION OF VEHICLES EXCEPT:
- Any vehicle or combination of vehicles registered for a gross weight of 23,000 pounds or less
- Any vehicle or combination of vehicles registered for a gross weight in excess of 23,000 pounds and traveling without a load other than tools or equipment necessary for the proper operations of the vehicle. This exemption does not apply to special mobile equipment. It shall be a defense to a violation of this sub-section if the combined weight of any vehicle or combination of vehicles registered for a gross weight in excess of 23,000 pounds and its load is in fact less than 23,000 pounds.
- Maine Department of Transportation highway maintenance vehicles or vehicles under the direction of a public jurisdiction with permission of the Department engaged in emergency maintenance or repair of public highways or appurtenances thereto.
- Passenger cars, pickup trucks, emergency vehicles, school buses, and vehicles with three (3) axles or less under the direction of a public utility and engaged in plant maintenance or repair
- Any vehicle operating with a special permit to travel over posted roads
Pursuant to 29A M. R. S. A. Section 2395 and the provisions of Maine Department of Transportation Rules and Regulations Restricting Heavy Loads on Closed Ways on the following roads (listed alphabetically):10th Mountain Road, Airport Road, Alfalfa Avenue, Armory Street, Aroostook School Road, Audibert Street, Autumn Street, Baker Street, Basil Lake Road, Belle Street, Belone Crossing, Berna Drive, Birch Street, Blaine School Road, Block House Road, Bolduc Street, Boucher Circle, Bradbury Road, Brookside Drive, Cannan Street, Charette Hill Road (past TNT), Church Street, Dempsey Curve, Desjardin Street, Dow Street, Drive In Road, East Michigan Settlement Road, Elm Street, First Avenue, Forest Avenue, Franklin School Road, Hall Street, Hebert Road, High Street, Highland Avenue, Hillside Street, Jacob Street, Klein Road, Leopold Street, Maple Street, Marquis Road, McKenzie Drive, Michigan Settlement Road, Morin Avenue, North Perley Brook Road (above Morris Logging Garage), Page Avenue, Paradis Circle, Park Street, Pearl Street, Pine Street, Pinkham Avenue, Ramsey Road, River Street, Roy Road, Rye Avenue, South Perley Brook Road, Savage Street, School Street, Second Avenue, Soucy Street, Spring Street, St. John Street, St. Joseph Street, Strip Road, Summer Avenue, Sunny Field Drive, Thibodeau Street, Third Avenue, Village Road, Violette Heights, Violette Settlement Road, West Market Street, Wilson School Road and Winter Avenue.